Friday, August 03, 2007

In Salting the locals in Salt Lake.. nah not really

Stopped in at Salt Lake lake week after Reno Tahoe. Might I just say that the bus ride is an absolute bore. Wow there was nothing in between. Luckily it was night time and hence time for sleeping. Although I'm still working on that ability to sleep well on the bus.

Salt Lake was really good. Contrary to the concerns scheduling 3 nights would be too much in such a 'quiet' place I did find it the right amount of time. Well it helps I have a good friend in SLC. And well now I have even more links to SLC having met some friends of his.


The most memorable highlight of SLC was the Timpanogos Caves National Park. We did a walk the first day due to the cave tours being sold out but made tracks back there the next day. The caves were awesome, but not cliff edges I still get a bit woosy with them. Mind you it was a fair trek up the mountain just to get to the caves.


Also tried my hand at researching the family tree in Salt Lake City, alas without luck, as too our futile search for a decent restaurant on a Sunday night. Ah well. I had fun and that's all that matter.

And to everyone reading this keep having fun at work. I'll slave away at traveling throughout the US here. It's the least I can do.

No comments: