Tuesday, August 21, 2007

T.O. The first stop on the eastside.

Toronto, Ontario.

This is the main game. The big city of Canada. The only one with an NBA Team.... whoops its not NBA season....

Anyway Toronto also marked the first time I would experiment with a different form of accommodation. Couchsurfing. What is couch surfing? It's a site where travelers register, and then offer their place for other travelers to stay. The premise behind this was threefold. One to save money on accommodation. Two, to meet other people. And three to stay outside of a hostel.

Anyway I stayed with a person in Toronto for 2 nights. I was originally planning 3 but my host could not accommodate, so oh well.

I had primarily one full day to explore Toronto. Which when you're me, on a mission, is not impossible. I had legs, a transit pass, and a plan of attack. By days end I had gone through the Chinatown, ridden the trams around town, walked around the St Lawrence markets, seen a few town parks, and the regular shopping areas. I did not though do the Sky Tower. I just couldn't justify spending the money on seeing a view of the skyline. Maybe its just me, but I've come to the conclusion they are often an overpriced attraction.

Below is a selection of photos from Toronto.


No comments: