Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Calgary still doesn't endear me....

I flew to Calgary to pick up my international flight to Toronto. And well thanks to travel I also stopped in to catch up with a friend in Calgary for the night.

Mind you it did not come without pain. When I made it into Calgary I was desperate to get to my phone recharged with funds, and to see an internet terminal to find the new phone number of my friend.

When you're carrying luggage everywhere this is not as simple as it sounds. And well thanks the early flight time, and to difficult customs staff, I was also flustered. I don't do flustered well.

Anyway it took no time to recharge the phone, but to find an internet cafe.... argh!

The good news was that things worked out, and I was out of Calgary the next morning. Sorry Calgary residents but Calgary still gets the award for my least favourite big 'Canadian' city.

No comments: