Friday, September 14, 2007

Stumpy in a coma.

Alrightee I know I say bad things when I'm tired but heck this time its deserved. My Dog Stumpy Buslines has outdone themselves for consistently poor service.

I boarded a bus at New Orleans bound for Miami. I knew this trip to be ambitious from the start. 24hrs with 3 connections.

Well bus started on time. In fact I commend the guy in New Orleans. He had his bus station running great. We left on time. But now I find myself in Mobile, Alabama. Stuck here for 5 hours all because they over booked the bus. You see the New Orleans bus terminated in Mobile at 10:30pm so we had to fully unboard. Then the next bus came in from Atlanta at 11pm. But it did not terminate. The other people on the bus were able to stay on the bus through re-boarding. It seems that 45 seats from Atlanta were taken through this re-board leaving only 10 seats for the 20 people coming from New Orleans going east. Now I was looking sweet having lined up at number 6 in the line after we got off. But then the bus driver then goes and directs for people going to Pensacola to board. Effectively allowing 8 people to jump the queue. There is no other bus. We were now waiting until 4:30am. In fact Greyhound knew by combining their 2 ticketing groups that this bus was always going to be overloaded. They knew they were leaving people stranded.

Argh! Stumpy I truly hate you. I shalt never ever plan such a long bus ride ever again.

No comments: