Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I went to Hawaii and all I got was a this crappy pen.. and a Black Eye


Well the news is I'm in Vancouver.

And with the arrival into Vancouver comes the good news I have better internet access to write to people.

And more importantly ability to post photos of the trip so far.

The first photo is that of Hananuma Bay. It's the prime snorkeling spot of Honolulu. A short 30 minute bus ride around from Waikiki. We visited here the day before I left. Yeah I snorkeled with the broken nose.

It was only slightly uncomfortable to do so. There was no way I was letting the nose finish off my stay in Hawaii.


The second photo is that of the Pearl Harbour memorial. The Americans have made the memorial a national park. Or well its run by the national parks service. Therefore its actually free. The memorial was a picture presentation and then boat ride out to the site where the Arizona sunk. All free. I like free.

This was about an hour long bus ride out from Waikiki. Good for the fact it only cost $2 to get there. Bad for the fact it was an all stops bus.

Other than that I also happenned to climb the Diamond head Crater. Or well from the park base. This was a interesting moment. We were waiting to catch a bus to the park when a stretched limo driver pulled over and offered a ride to the park for a fairly cheap fee for the 3 of us from the hostel. Actually if you were to get this limo normally you'd be a bit disappointed. It's seen better days. Although it might be the same original owner, it is also in original condition. But hey who can say they've gone to a national park in a stretch before.

This photo smaller photo here is at the top of Diamond Head. In the photo is Jason (from Arizona), and Alexa (from California). A few of the good people I met in the Waikiki hostel.

And before I go, the photos you've all been waiting for. The photo that caused all my problems, and me with broken nose.

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention. The pen came from the policeman reporting the assault. As I had blood on me and I had to sign something he had to leave me with the pen.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was fortunate was that you were abe to get the Bruise and the pen to be colour co-ordinated

Candice said...

Ouch!!! That looks painful Chad.. Glad you didn't let it get to you and still went snorkling and everything... From what I've heard, Hawaiians tend not to be too friendly to 'non-locals'.