Friday, March 02, 2007

Revenge of the Hostel

They must have known I was soon to move out of the hostel. I was set up.

Why my conspiracy theory. Well upon returning from my excellent weekend at the snow, I arrived back late at the hostel (thanks to the consistently late Air Canada). I got put into a dorm room with 3 long stayers who were not so pleased to see someone else try to move in at 12am. Anyway one of them had a very bad cold. He was coughing and spluttering everywhere. And once asleep he took the title of the loudest chainsaw snorer I've ever heard. So the result was after a tiring weekend of skiing I had only 3hrs sleep in time for work Monday.

By Tuesday I had the first signs of a sore throat. (I had though moved hostel rooms in order to get sleep)

By wednesday, the day I moved out of the hostel into an apartment it was confirmed. I have a cold. Argh!

I hate missing work due to illness but had to Thursday afternoon.

And yes mother I've been to the doctor now, and I'm laying low to try shrug it off.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to see yor are taking care of yourself. Love Mother