Monday, November 20, 2006

When trip plans do right angles.

Hey all

Not much news to report here really. Oh, except for the fact I may now end up working the ski fields after all.

Well the issue is to ski or not to ski? This whole concept is due to my frield CJ who until Saturday was at Lake Louise. Basically he's now going through a crisis having had his girlfriend call off their relationship a week into their working ski holiday. Not a good situation so he got out of there.

Anyway it seems that CJ has organised a job up at Nakiska and has strongly suggested I join him. And well I'm now at one of those pressure junctions where I'm just under the gun. The Do I or Don't I? Without there being any harm I've applied. Nothing ventured nothing lost yet. They may come back and say there is nothing suitable for me and they're not interest.

Meanwhile for all you back home just to make you jealous, we're having to drink bottled water. There has been too much rain which has over run the water supplies and made it a bit muddy. So a boil water advisory was issued. It's been in effect for nearly a week now.

In vancouver here I've been avoiding the rain. Of course I've adopted a cold sniffle and cough. I look at it as something my body had to do. Get the first cold it could find to adjust me to the conditions.

On the original plans for staying in vancouver side of things I had an interview the other day. That went ok. But it was for temporary accounting positions. Who knows when they'll call with a suitable position or even any position. Plus I'd rather get in with a fund manager type firm not a small manufacturing firm. Problem is Vancouver isn't Toronto, and I don't have any Canadian experience. So for the moment I'm open to everything.

Aside from that I've been walking the streets of Van whenever we get a fine patch. I'll post some photos later for you all to see.


Chad

No comments: