Sunday, November 26, 2006

This is not what it said in the brochure...

There's no business like snow business....

Well it's snowing in Vancouver. And not like the travel guides describe it 'as it snows in Vancouver but never settles'. This snow is settled. And it's not stopping any time soon.

And its now officially cold.

And it's only going to get colder cause unless something happens tomorrow I'll be up at Nakiska Ski Resort working there for a while. Yeah, of all things I've ended up getting that ski job. Doesn't pay anything but hey it's not about the money. I'll be employed by the mountain so have subsidized accommodation, and a ski pass for 5 mountains. The biggest issue for anyone thinking of working the ski fields is the accommodation issue. Only negative is that I've been hired as Trail Crew. Yeah, I that means I'll be shoveling snow. Oh well it should be fun, at least for a bit. And I'll get to ski, and ski, and ski.

In the few days before the snow CJ and I didn't do anything extraordinary. Went for a ride on the seabus over to North Vancouver. From there went to Lynn Canyon. Last time I was in Vancouver the park was basically closed due to fires. Got to see the suspension bridge only. This time the park was open and no chance of fires. It was more likely to find local flooding. After stopping CJ jumping off the bridge (see photo) we managed to walk around the canyon park, and get lost in the process. No idea where we ended up. Took us 2 hours to find our way back to the start.

Anyway thats the news for now. I need to now go shopping. Need to find Thermals, and some good waterproof boots. After all I'm going to apparently be outdoors 90% of the time. Oh joy. And I told them I know numbers.

No comments: