Monday, June 19, 2017

Dracula retired to Tangiers




One of the little side benefits of doing a tour as opposed to doing it myself is that I was able to complete more. And by more I also mean places I would never had attempted myself. Busabout's Iberian Adventure crossed the ditch over to Tangiers, Morocco. I've now been to Northern Africa cool. Be it only overnight, and no camel trading for wives area. Or well we didn't see it.

Tour completed this by leaving Seville heading to Tarifa. It's just an hour long ferry ride from there. A very bumpy one at that on the way there. The memories of 2007 in the Greek islands, and lunch were about to come back if it went any longer. Needed only a bit more smell of spew and everyone would have been down. The staff had even started passing out little blue baggies to the woosey looking.

Anyway Tangiers consisted of a combination driving and walking tour of city, and the Kasbah markets. Of course we had the obligatory pressure sales display of bundles of skin, perfume, and cooking herbs. Felt like I had been placed into an Avon meeting. Only not presented by someones mum. The presentation was by a very old Dracula stunt double. He did have some freakishly long fingers and a delivery style developed by watching "the count" from Sesame Street for years. If someone had of started bleeding he would of sucked the blood out, whilst rubbing hand cream onto their arm telling us the third one was free. I just wanted the Saffron. It sounded cheap as. For the rest I needed only sit around finding the ladies in the group praying on third persons to split purchases with. By the end of it I felt like a commodities trader from the stock exchange. No idea who I had deals with. But knew I had plenty of some products with Argan in them, Sounded impressive at the time. According to Dracula Argan cures everything.



No comments: