Sunday, June 25, 2017

Making it to Madrid in the middle

Madrid was the last stop on my whirlwind tour of Southern Spain and Portugal. However it wasn't merely a "we're here" type of day. Tour really wanted to kind of say to people we'll get you to Madrid, but first we'll visit Toledo.


And when you get to Madrid must try the burrito, and what you do after that, freedom. But burrito first.

Why burrito, and why do I mention the Burrito. First off it was the customary last meal with our guide and tour group. And secondly it was the biggest and best burrito I've ever had. That's why. This was a meal the tour leader had looked forward to all trip. And it didn't disappoint. I was not underfed by this monster. I slept well after too.

 



And I was smart enough to avoid the pub crawl after. For I had plans for breakfast the next morning to catch up with my cousin who of all things had flown out for a pharmacy medical conference in the Madrid. It's not everyday you get to meet up with your cousin who resides in the US halfway around the world in a random European city. So cool how that just worked out.

After meeting up with my cousin my extra day in Madrid was spent walking the streets. Caught up with another of the now former tour group for a quick walking tour. Was great as he had seen the city before and knew a few spots to experience. So it was my own free guide.


Otherwise I so was tired. Even the Churros didn't perk me up.

So glad to had a 3 nights in Lisbon after. It would be my longest stop on this trip retracing my path back to Lisbon as I hadn't actually seen it first time around.

I felt like the statue. I needed rest.


No comments: