Saturday, March 17, 2012

There was this bright idea to go to Brighton Beach

In visiting London I stayed with my friend Darren. Heck Daz and I have a tradition of meeting up every time I make it to Europe.

This time it was somewhat a home game for Daz. Not staying elsewhere. But it doesn't mean we didn't go elsewhere. We went to Brighton. He had friends there, and had never been to Brighton. So a short train journey for lunch and visit to Brighton Beach was put into motion.

As Australians we all know that technically they don't have beaches in Britain. Either by "white sand" rule, or "it's not warm enough to be considered going to a beach" rule. Look those rules up if you want. Yes maybe I made them up. But it does explain why UK has so many residents in Bondi Beach.

But I have proof. See these photos. This is their beach. Pebbles. And I'm not talking fine pebbles.


And this is what they put on their beaches. Giant size Piers with traditional fairgrounds. Nice for tourists actually. Very nostalgic. Hence the photos look good in black and white.


We had a ball. I even took photos of Darren's wedding.


But it's not all fun and games. You need to keep your wits about you. Giant Seagulls patrol the pier. I don't think they trusted me. Always watching they were. In summer though they probably just fly away with small children instead of the fish'n'chips.

1 comment:

Daz said...

always a pleasure to see you sir. :)