Monday, March 26, 2012

How to get free chocolate in Brussels


These are the easy instructions on how to get free chocolate in Brussels.

Step 1 Carry a camera.
Step 2 Walk into Chocolate shop.

Then a sales assistant will likely be dashing for the free sample tray. At which point you need only say thank you as you browse and consider a purchase.

Then there is a 3rd step. Repeat Step 2. I did it a lot. In fact I became a chocolate snob. If I didn't get a reaction from the sales assistant I'd walk.


Brussels was great. I went for Beer and Chocolate. Found both of them. On top of this I found Belgium Waffles. Although I could hardly see my waffle under all the chocolate. Don't be concerned. It's okay. I also had fruit on the waffle which made it a healthy option.


To help with digestion I topped it off at night with some sort of traditional Belgium Beer Stew for dinner.


Between the chocolate stops I also found the time to explore what is a very historical and beautiful city. In addition to the historically and culturally significant pissing boy fountain there is also a side story of tourist exploration to be done around the theme of cartoons.


Belgium has a significant relation to this genre having been responsible for cartoons including Tin Tin and The Smurfs. Although I could have gone to a museum walking throughout the streets in search of art was a much better option. Public art cartoons were all over the sides of buildings around the city.

No comments: