Sunday, March 29, 2009

Va Bene! It's ok Touring Torino

Okay in about a day and a half of traveling in Torino here I have found:

1) a lack of chairs in the inner city under cover. It was raining all day. And well I didn't get to find a chair to take a rest whilst making use of my "48 hour Torino Card" over just 24hrs.

2) You can learn a lot more of the local attractions if you learn Italian.



3) I remember hardly a word of the 8 week Italian course I took in preparation. That's a good couple hundred I threw away I guess.

4) You can bluff your way through a guided tour in Italian when you don't understand a word. Heck I was lucky if I picked up 1 word in 50.

5) Italians don't have a good understanding of just what a hostel should be in Torino. The "Hostel Torino" I'm in was supposed to be the best rated. I'd call it a "shiny turd". It's clean, but horrible. (Only one more night)

6) If you're a hostel operator it may help to stock maps for your guests. For a start. Along with ensuring the transport directions to the hostel are correct and precise.

6) The Italians make good pizza.



7) The Italians make good gelato. (this makes up for bad hostel operators)

8) Torino has the best Caffé Mocha. The one from this morning was made with pure melted chocolate. Yes, there were tears of joy when I saw it start to be made in that fashion.
.

No comments: