Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Never Ending Breakfast

A new trip bring new experiences. This time the trip involved the never ending breakfast. With flying out of Brisbane to Singapore, then Singapore to Dubai, Dubai to Milan I was following time around the world. Starting at 2:45am flight meant waking up to be fed more egg based dishes every 4 hours it felt like. Or well at least until Dubai.

It was the first time through Dubai in my travels. It looked hot outside. The airport is absolutely massive, full of shops and things to buy. I stayed strong, or well looking like crap with the eyes hanging out, and didn't buy in Dubai. Maybe on the way back.

Emirates was a good airline. I do have to say although the flight did take a little longer it did make it easier with 8hrs, 7hrs, 7hrs to Milan. Each break was a chance to stretch the legs.

Arrival in Milan was uneventful. It was a bit disorientating to find my place with little more than an internet extract of instructions to get to the hostel. But reality was I didn't care much. The visit was fleeting. Arrived Hostel at 10pm, left hostel 6am. Was on the train to Modane, France by 8am.

The train was very good. And Modane was a quaint little town set up for the ski transit crowd. A french version of Jindabine.... Or well a much nicer looking version of it with historic buildings and character.

Now, Well I am at what is technically day 3. OR day 1 of Skiing. WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!

Found the cousin here in Lanselbourg, Val Cenis. So family. yes he's alive, well, and enjoying every minute of it here. Personally I can't blame him. It's a picture perfect scene with snow, french bakeries, and fromageries....

Thinking about it. Have I just found eden... It could be dangerous for me here.

Risk of overendulgence is "extreme". Ski conditions are good, but softening in the afternoon.

Sorry no photos yet. I'll get to that this afternoon.

Trip Espresso counter: 2

No comments: