I just had to share this funny yet useful impromptu moment as provided by our wonderful tour guide from Chengdu. We were walking around Leshan Buddha site at the time. In a moment of rest she started to go through some Tai Chi. At which point someone mentioned they'd like learn how it went. And this was the funny basic series she provided to us. I'm sure its legit as a training method when introducing the artistic form to kids. I don't mind, I'm a big kid, and it brought on a smile. And as my former chiropractor always used to say. Why do we stop skipping? It's good for us, and it brings a smile. Forevermore I will always remember Tai Chi as slicing the watermelon in half and offering half to each side. Thank you Alina for this wonderful moment of levity on the trip.
In December 2023 I had the opportunity to add to my exploration of the Philippines. A week away tacked onto a work trip. Within this week I planned out a one side destination trip. Just one island, one day trip. So that I wasn't overwhelmed. And well acknowledging there may be other opportunities for more trips later. Yes the prior trip had physically broken me. I'm no longer 25. I chose Coron Island over El Nido. Not because I knew it'd be better. I had seen enough videos comparing the 2 destinations to figure out you'd be okay whichever you choose. Both are a part of the Palawan region. I chose Coron Island because I could fly out of there easier on the time frames I had. A week away meant I needed to be more direct, in, out, no dilly-dally. There was no time for rain delays, nor contingencies if I had to ferry elsewhere. Accommodation I had read up about had indicated that you need to be in the Town Centre if you want to walk about. And it often was overpriced and u...
So 2020 was a bad year for most. And well travel was made near impossible thanks to the Coronavirus pandemic. All of my international plans for the year were left in ruins. Fortunately Australia had been somewhat protected from the virus spread. We gradually came out from our lock down slumber to allow domestic tourism. So with international travel helplessly just a dream I returned to domestic tourism beyond that of weekends away and city stays for AFL football viewing. Western Australia was the destination of choice. It made sense for a trip in the peak of summer to the southern parts of Australia. Big distances made a tour company even more attractive. So I called upon a trusted brand Intrepid Tours to provide my tour solution of a short 5 night tour of the South West of WA and added on a few nights in Perth after. As per normal I've packaged up my travel stories into short videos. Daily summaries for all to enjoy.
Comments