My first trip to Europe in many years brought about the opportunity to travel to a destination i never made it to previously. Neuschwanstein Castle . I mean I had been to Munich 3 times before. But never made a trip to the castle. I have to admit though 2 of those trips were when I wasn't experienced in independent travel, and the other was when I had sprained my ankle skiing making mobility a challenge in winter. Famous for being the Disney Castle yes. But also to me more famous for being the castle from the movie Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. A favourite childhood movie. It wasn't until I was an adult I got to hear of the real castle story with King Ludwig the second. But let's leave that for later. So how did we make it to Neuschwanstein . Yes we. I was traveling with my friend who did all the planning. So when I say "we" I admit it, I refer to the royal we. I was riding coat tails on the logistics getting through jetlag with google maps and contributing only a vag...
In December 2023 I had the opportunity to add to my exploration of the Philippines. A week away tacked onto a work trip. Within this week I planned out a one side destination trip. Just one island, one day trip. So that I wasn't overwhelmed. And well acknowledging there may be other opportunities for more trips later. Yes the prior trip had physically broken me. I'm no longer 25. I chose Coron Island over El Nido. Not because I knew it'd be better. I had seen enough videos comparing the 2 destinations to figure out you'd be okay whichever you choose. Both are a part of the Palawan region. I chose Coron Island because I could fly out of there easier on the time frames I had. A week away meant I needed to be more direct, in, out, no dilly-dally. There was no time for rain delays, nor contingencies if I had to ferry elsewhere. Accommodation I had read up about had indicated that you need to be in the Town Centre if you want to walk about. And it often was overpriced and u...
I took the opportunity to visit Layess, my former Brisbane flatmate, as a part of my Panda trip. The idea was that I could make a side trip to her home city of Chongqing from Chengdu. It was about 2 hours by train. This was easy enough to complete in theory. I just had to figure out myself how to get there. Which meant navigating the long distance trains myself after managing to buy a ticket. Easier said than done. The first step was easy. I just had to retrace our trip from the Chengdu Train station we had arrived into. Then I just had to board the right train at the station. It was fairly easy on the way to Chengdu. But then we had guided instruction on what to do from the tour. Although we didn't actually have the guide with us every time we were inside the station we were seemingly under the safety blanket beingtold what to expect. This trip has no such support. I was alone and had my memory to rely on. I had no ability to book my train tickets onlin...
Comments