Thursday, April 02, 2009

I found a chink in the Cinque Terre

The good news for me when I arrived into Riomaggoire was that the hostel I was booked into was better than the last few in Italy. Perhaps a sign of improvement from here.

The Cinque Terre was something I decided I wanted to do when I was researching things to do in Italy. In fact the travel guides rated one of the top 5 things. I can see why. It's spectacular.

Now if I was coming here in the peak of summer it would have been even more special as I would have been able to swim at the beach. But reality is I got the other advantage. Less people. Apparently its crazy in summer.

For those not aware where the Cinque Terre is. It's 5 villages (hence the "cinque") that are clinging to the coastline. The walk between the 5 villages is what is supposed to attract everyone. However for the less fit there is the train.


The walk between the 1st and 2nd village is the most famous. The d'ell Amore. Or lovers walk. I completed this the first day. I stopped in at the bar along the walk thinking perhaps my love would show up to join me. Alas she did not. I drank alone.


It didn't matter. The view was still great.

No comments: