Thursday, January 30, 2014

Too busy with Patisseries for Charcoulterie

My time in Strasbourg with side trip to Colmar was quite the walking festival. Every day I would be walking more and more in the wrong direction.

The improvement of GPS tracking via maps lets me know when I have been walking the wrong way. However what I have found is that this feature requires one to look at the phone more frequently. If you don't then maps can't fix stupid. I also tend to just keep going longer than before this functionality. So mistakes are bigger.

Arrival into Strasbourg was attacked with an immediate canal tour around the old town. Alas it was not until 4:15pm I completed the tour. By the end I felt like a ice cube. Strasbourg was definitely cooler once the sun disappeared.

Later that evening marked the opposite dinner for me. I caught up with a couch surfer I hosted in Brisbane. It's always good to meet others on the other side of the world. This dinner also ticked the box in my having a traditional Alsace meal.

The next day I spent taking a day trip out to Colmar. Highly recommended for the historical appeal.


No comments: