Thursday, January 23, 2014

Famous before I got to Val d'Isere.

In the week before travelling I realised we could book hire skis online cheaper.

So I went about this in my nonchalant way on the net. However true to form I made a mistake. After pressing back to add in. Ski helmet the date changed. My booking went to starting the week before I arrived.

In the days preceding departure I madly tried to send emails to France asking it be corrected. After a flurry of emails I was initially informed the booked couldn't change as it had already started. Eventually I got a response saying it had been corrected and the ski helmet cancelled. So I gave up... Who knew what I would get.

So it was not such a surprise that when I did collect the skis eventually it tweeked that ahh, you're Chad, and the assistant pointed to a sticky taped message on the cash register. They had been waiting for 3 days for my arrival. My futility was famous.


No comments: