Friday, May 18, 2007

The throwing of spanners is forbidden. But still they persist

I've just arrived at work this morning to find out my plans for this weekend are in jeopardy. Greyhound Buses in Western Canada have just gone on strike as of 12am this morning. Argh!!!!!!!

Why must people throw spanners into my plans. Just because I was planning a good weekend doesn't mean it needs to wreck it.

A 72 hour strike over pay.

I knew I shouldn't have been discussing possible things that could go wrong last night with a friend. I've jinxed myself.

And I'm now due to catch a non-existent bus at 5:45pm which gets me to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island this evening for my long weekend over on Vancouver Island.

The irony of the situation being that buses on Vancouver Island are unaffected.

No comments: