Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Getting To-Fino the weekend

Well the weekend went well. After initial concerns that my ride to Nanaimo was going to halt all proceeding I managed to work around and have a great weekend.

The original plan was to catch the Greyhound Bus there. But as stated earlier it never got out of the gate. Just like betting on them really.


Luckily after I had come into this problem I was directed to go via council bus to Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal. I didn't even think that they'd offer this route to the ferry really. Anyway this bus was cheaper. But wouldn't offer the ride into downtown Nanaimo. Oh well.

The ride there was great. The Ferry though was packed. This was the first long weekend after Easter. ie the first weekend where people travel. All ferrys to the island were booked out for cars after work for weeks. And the foot passengers were everywhere. I ended up meeting a local on the ride. We past the time chatting away on the inadequacies of the system, and how the British Columbian government had managed to screw it up apparently. Very interesting. Anyway this guy also guided me into downtown by walking. It was a half hour walk along a boardwalk most of the way.

Nanaimo was cool. Only had the night there.

And then Saturday I picked up my car to go to Tofino. The nice people at Budget gave me a brand new car. No kidding this Cobalt had 14kms on the clock. Cool!


Anyway on the way to Tofino there are places to see. The main spot being Cathedral Grove. A giant Cedar Forest. Apparently this was the location shoot for Star Wars. The Ewok Village. How cool. So I went Ewok spotting. Didn't see any.

Anyway here's a few pictures.

Tofino pictures come later.



No comments: