Wednesday, May 23, 2007

On Tofino time

Tofino is an awesome place to visit. It's only tiny, and well things happen they say in Tofino time. Well my watch must of been fast because I still managed to fit in quite a bit in the 2 days there.

Lets see. There was the sightseeing of the Pacific Rim National Park:


the starfish on the rocks at Tonquin Park,


Tofino itself,


and oh thats right the 6 hour kayaking tour I completed. The kayaking Tour was awesome. And it only rained for about 1/2 an hour while out in the inlet. Did get to see a sea lion in the water, and a heap of bald eagles in the trees along the inlet.


Many west coast people come here to surf on the beaches. But to me thats crazy talk. The water temperature on the coast was still only 9 degrees. Needless to say I did not go for a swim. I'll wait to I find a coastline with the warmer water temperature and no wetsuit requirement.

No comments: