Sunday, June 17, 2018

Getting a taste of Napoli

After a quick trip to London it was time to get into the first of 2 major destinations of my trip this year, the Amalfi Coast. So I flew into Naples to start an Intrepid Travel tour of the Amalfi Coast. A hike, boat, and kayak tour. The starting accommodation was very central if not a bit obscure to find. Alas the hardest thing was getting my bearings when I got off the airport bus at the port. Perhaps in retrospect I should have gotten off at the first stop as it was an uphill slog with my backpack. The trade off was though that I did see the Castel straight away on arrival.

Napoli itself is nice. The old town with it's narrow streets has the atmosphere I expect of a historical centre. It was though Sunday, and as a result hardly anyone around. Even with the favourable exploring conditions I didn't really achieve much. I played it safe sticking to the main street. It wasn't until the next day when we were leaving Naples in our tour transport I even realised there was another bigger area to explore. Luckily I'll have another day and a half upon my return.

Importantly on day one in Napoli I achieved 2 things.
1. I had my first Naples Pizza.
2. I ate Gelato.

There will be more photos of Napoli later in this trip blog. But for now here's a start.




It's not all Gelato in Napoli


And of course I've done the summary video.


No comments: