Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Abu Dhabi is a resort for expats

I came to the conclusion that Abu Dhabi is a resort for expats. They are there until the money tap runs out, or they need to get out. For some it just takes longer.

But in the time people are there, to us outsiders the place seems surreal, is unreal. It's one huge holiday in a place of hotels and big meals. I know because my friend Natalie introduced me to her world.

And of note February has been a great time to visit through a stopover. It is actually quite cool and comfortable. As a non Muslim I would avoid visiting in Ramadan anyway. But that period around June is horrendous for weather anyway I'm told.

In Abu Dhabi you find it all. Even South American BBQ

The view from the pool area


This giant size Sharwama lunch led to a food coma combined with jetlag. I loved every minute of it.

No comments: