Friday, April 24, 2015

Street Art is the winner in Penang


When I was lining up things to do in Penang I constantly came across this particular street art. I was really interested in seeing it but I wasn't so sure how pronounced it was. All I knew was that it seemed to pop up in photos of Penang. I knew I must be on the lookout when walking around the streets.


Upon arrival I came to realise that the city has adopted this as their marketing to tourists in many ways. It's such a hit that tourist (like me) walk around hoping to find another of the collection. Apparently there must be about 8 or 9. Or well according to the fridge magnets and shirts on offer there are. 


I found only 4, and one that has been removed at the Chew Jetty. Not sure if that is permanent or due to repairs to the building. But it would be a shame if it is permanently gone. 

The art has even spwaned a fake wall art movement. 



No comments: