Saturday, April 18, 2015

Go with what you know. Kuala Lumpur

I've taken another short Asian trip. Sure mainly for sanity. Timing was an issue. I tried to it to coincide with university holidays and Easter break. I hit neither. Damn 2014 reference calendars.

Anyway.... I'm now in Kuala Lumpur. Something old before I explore something new. I always feel comfortable travelling here. So much Western culture influence with the diving in and out of Eastern when I want.

For example take this morning. I have already ventured out from the hotel. In search of food I decided to go straight to a giant upscale shopping centre, The Pavilion. I tried looking for something filling for breakfast. Was thinking something with bread... So I got Char Kway Teow. Whoops not even close. But it is my favourite Malaysian street food. I'm now cleansing the palette with a Starbucks coffee. Something is not right with the milk flavour. It's ok. But not quite normal. But importantly I found a great barrista. She got my name right. Corrected her colleague by spelling it to him.

No comments: