Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Was Bonn...

During this trip I took the opportunity to schedule in a visit to Bonn.

In part because it was a return invite from a former couchsurfer. And well it just fitted in better to train from Strasbourg on my way towards Brugge to London.
 
It had been talked up as a potential visit city also because I had already been to Cologne. I'm always after somewhere new.

Bonn itself was good for the day visit. I really didn't realise before visiting it's importance in the life of Beethoven. But by the time I left I understood how he means everything to Bonn Tourism.

However the highlight for me was actually staying with my former couchsurfer and her family. I did learn how little German I have picked up over the time of my course, and how easily second language knowledge disappears when you don't have any practice. But still I found the experience enjoyable. Incidently this wasn't their place. It's just a historical building from their village. Yes the photo worked out perfectly.


Of note I also found a school near the university. It seems legitimate. Didn't meet any of the students.



No comments: