Saturday, February 01, 2014

Heidelberg has a history.

I did have an adventure getting to Heidelberg. But that wasn't why I was there. Heidelberg has a lot going for it when you're a tourist.

It perfectly situated. The river is a magnificent backdrop to photograph.


A Schloss. Or well castle to us basic tourist not understanding the difference.


And a story to tie it all in. In this case Perkeo. The drunk Italian who helped keep the alcohol flowing. What's not to like about a guy who was involved in the world's biggest wine Barrel. Perkeo apparently means "why not". His standard answer to would you like another drink?


I caught up with another former Couchsurfer in Heidelberg who was able to give me a walking tour of the city.


It was cold in Heidelberg. But what do you expect in January. I didn't mind. Walking kept me warm.

No comments: