Saturday, April 07, 2012

And after Göttingen I was gone again

Alas all good things come to an end. And well my 6 weeks away from work had run it's course.


On my final full day in Germany I was off to Göttingen. Another fine choice made by my guide Lina.


This place is mainly known as a university town. However I better remember the place for 2 things.

1) The City Hall. The artwork on the walls was fantastic.
And
2) It was freezing that day. It snowed. In the middle of spring.


The city also allowed me to mark off another state of Germany in my visit. Not that we get to know the states of Germany so well.

After visiting Lina's sister who also lives in Göttingen we went for a drive. To nowhere it would have seemed, as we had no idea where we were going. Nor a map to help us. We were in search of a historical castle associated to the Brothers Grimm. Lina had visited there once before. Eventually after stopping to ask for directions we found our way. To the castle which was officially shut for the winter, but open if you just walked in.


And that ladies and gentlemen was it for the trip 2012. Awe!

The End.

No comments: