Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm surrounded by Koala Bashers

Yes I'm in Kuala Lumpur.

Well the good news is they don't have Koalas here to lump, but needless to say their own discount airline doesn't trust them. Air Asia was tell us all not to steal the life jackets on the plane. Gees... I didn't realise how big an issue it was. It could also explain why you don't get anything on the flight unless you pay. I didn't see the nails in everything, but did notice they do microwave meals for everyone.. I'd say that's a new low in quality of airplane food.

The first thing I've noticed about KL. The air quality is poor. Must be those big fans pushing the air out of Beijing for the Olympics.
The second thing. Sometimes the owners of businesses chose badly when they pick an English name.

That's just poor form.

Although this one did get a giggle.

Spent today on a half day tour. Out to the countryside. Or well the tour name suggested it was. I'd call it the stop at a major factory, then shops before making it to the Batu Caves Tour.


This afternoon I walked myself out around the shopping centres. It was tough but I only bought a few t-shirts. Gees you've gotta love the Aussie dollar at the moment. For all those shoppers out there. Forget spending at home. Go, go, go... Think of what you'd spend in Australia for clothes and then divid it by 3 in many cases.... It's a pity I only get a 15 kg bag limit, and have 2 weeks of travel ahead. (or well that's my excuse)

No comments: