Sunday, September 07, 2014

Warming to Bordeaux

I have to admit when I arrived into Bordeaux in the afternoon I was a bit disappointed and concerned. My hotel near the station was okay, the area was less than desirable. I walked the streets for a few hours before meeting with couchsurfers in Bordeaux for a picnic. There were some English conversations but I didn't really feel relaxed. I also probably should have gotten used to the tram system before staying out until nearly midnight. The couchsurfers were very nice in explaining how it worked.

The tram system of Bordeaux ended up being very useful. Their trams are awesome for getting around. The city has an abundance of old stone buildings in the inner city, and is easily walked. But the Trams were just to convenient not to make use of.

Going into the second day I started to really enjoy the best bits. I found the main historical buildings and just relaxed soaking up the city.

In the evening of the second night I met with another non-local couchsurfer for dinner. It gave me a good opportunity to not feel awkward dining alone at a decent restaurant.





And yes mum I am looking after myself. Look Creme Caramel!


No comments: