Friday, September 12, 2014

Saying Hi to High Tea at the Ham Yard Hotel

When in London I had a day free before the wedding. Unlike usual trips where I might go see something with my friends I was left to my own devices. After all my friends were slightly busy with last minute wedding planning. They also had a million and one family and friends arriving. I know how to share their time. And I'd be visiting again.

This free time worked in perfectly as what I usually don't have in London is family visiting at the same time. Until now that is. My Aunt and Uncle were on a big trip of their own to Paris and London for a trade fair or two as a part of their interior design business. This was perfectly timed for a catch up in London. And they had a great plan of going to the Ham Yard Hotel for afternoon tea as it was associated with a well known designer. I don't know names so I can't quote them to you. But I knew it would be a great experience.


The hotel doesn't look to be in my normal travel budget. But that doesn't stop one from going to have high tea. I had never gone for high tea before. Having experienced it here I am quite open to doing this again! Wow.


 The food was quite the experience. The setting was well worth it. We even had a lovely chat to our waitress who said it was possible to go around after, and perhaps talk to the concierge to arrange to see a guest suite (if one was available). I ran out of time. But I do hope my Uncle and Aunt had time. After all this was their visual wonderland.



Not that I usually put in links to places I visit, but here's the hotel website:
https://www.firmdalehotels.com/hotels/london/ham-yard-hotel/afternoon-tea/

However if you can't make it to London and want a bit of style into your own world then perhaps give my uncle (or cousin) a call. Or visit the shop in Toowoomba. Tell them I sent you! Perhaps they'll remember to invite me to their next travel idea.
http://beadles.com.au/




No comments: