Saturday, April 07, 2007

The middle of Spring + Sunshine =

Skiing! Or well it does to me when I'm here in Vancouver.

I finally got to go skiing again. I had planned to last weekend but ended up picking up a cold. So being the religious person I am I planned ahead to go skiing on Good Friday rain, hail, or shine. Lucky for me it was shine and the day held out to be as advertised.

Now being only 1 week from the final weekend of skiing at the resorts around Vancouver one would expect the ski runs to be below their peak. I can though vouch the condition weren't bad. They were better than a month ago. There are signs though that they can not go much longer. Like the occasional brown patch in well worn areas, but on the whole if they wanted they could of extended the season. After next week I'll only have Whistler to choose from in terms of ski slopes. They stay open until June I hear.

Meanwhile working in Vancouver is still going well. They really do treat their staff well with added perks, and then go out of their way to organise special events once in a while. During the Quarter End close they've been feeding us lunch, and dinner if you're working past 6pm. The other week the team I'm mostly attached to went out for a 'Fun Day' afternoon. Lunch at a restaurant and then over to a Bowling Alley for 5 pin bowling. Yeah 5 pin. Not 10.

It's weird if you've never seen the 5 pin version before. The balls are smaller. All the one weight. And the pins are set up like the front line of the normal 10 pin version. You do though get 3 attempts to knock them all down. Anyway the end result was a good afternoon. And in the words of a good loser, the game was the winner that day.

No comments: