Thursday, March 14, 2013

Less than 24hrs to lift off

Friends.... Family... I'm back to blogging my holidays tomorrow 16th March 2012.

There are no guarantees that I'll be getting injured, mugged, or lost. However I will try still to make my posts interesting enough to read. If it's not interesting it'll at least be photos of food, and places that you're not.

This trip will be including a 14 Day Intrepid Tour called Vietnam Adventure. It's a "Basix Tour". So it's the bare essentials of a tour. I pay for food and extra side events etc. Hotels will not be the Ritz. But I never expect that when I travel. I just hope they have a mattress which isn't rock hard. In Vietnam that's no guarantee.

For readers of my previous trips please note there is a bit of overlap in Halong Bay and Hanoi. After that though all will be new to me.

The biggest risk will of course be transit. I've decided this year to use all discount airlines with connecting flights! Oh joy. Realisation that these guys aren't always the most reliable has started to set in. So please place your bets now.

Betting Market
1. Chad Stuck at Gold Coast - Sat 9:30am - Scoot Airlines to Singapore
3 to 1 Favorite
For: Work Colleague recently had his flight not get off the ground for 10hr delay.
Against: Start of Trip, and Gold Coast isn't a big airport. So usual to have delays for congestion.

2. Chad Stuck in Kuala Lumpur - Sat 8pm - AirAsia to Kuala Lumpur
10 to 1 Outsider
For: KLCC airport. Notorious for passport entry delays. Late flight from Gold Coast could stuff 5hr transit allowed. Change of Terminals required.
Against: Singapore. One of the best airports in the world. Have backup plan of bus from Singapore available.

3. Chad Stuck in Kuala Lumpur - Sun 6:15am - AirAsia to Hanoi
7 to 1 mid level chance
For: KLCC Airport. 6:15am flight to Hanoi. It's 1 of only 2 flights a day.
Against: First Flights in morning. Less chance of plane being unavailable or delayed from a connection.

1 comment:

The Ape said...

I'll get in on that action .. German Club pork pie on me if you get back to Brisbane without SOME kind of major delay .. but good luck anyway :-)