Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sometimes it's good to have a roommate


I mean rarely, rarely does a roommate at a hostel show any value other than conversation.

Well Monday was one of those days.

My roommate was an Aussie living up at Whistler. Anyway he just head out across the road for a drink.

15 mintues later he walks back in and says. Do you want to go to the Vancouver Canucks Hockey game? I just got given 2 tickets from the bar across the road. They had a few tickets leftover and the game just started.

Well he didn't have to ask me twice. Canuck tickets, and at my price level too. Free. Woo hoo!

Anyway we got there in time to see half the 2nd period and the 3rd. (wierd game with only 3 periods)
Anyway the game was Awesome, even if we were in the nose bleeds.

Interestingly the Canucks are currently upto over 172 games of consecutive sell outs. Wow.

Other than than I start my job tomorrow. And my next biggest challenge is finding a place to live. Vancouver has rental vacancy of less than 0.2%. And house prices are the highest in the country I hear.

No comments: