Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Frenchman Peak Trail is a scary fantastic climb

So day 3 of the Tour of WA saw us depart The Cape Le Grand. We started early with a walk up Frenchman Peak. We were there in summer so it was worth being on the walk early. We were climbing by about 7:30am. The granite heats up under the sun. And well I could only think I was glad it wasn't me going up as we descended at about 10am. I would also avoid this if its wet. So many times I was picking a path up or down around foot grip. This is not a place I'd want to slip.

From the peak we headed back to Esperance for a quick stop before venturing out to the better local beaches outside of town centre. These beaches are nearly as spectacular at The Cape Le Grand. Which is why locals and tourists are happy to just holiday here and not pressure the Cape Le Grand with even more tourists.



No comments: