Saturday, August 23, 2014

Less than 24 hours in Kuala Lumpur


This time around I had very little choice in terms of good flights to and from Lyon. So I got creative. Went with a Malaysian Airlines combination as it got me as close as I could to Lyon, and then allowed a London departure after. The connection home is awesome. 

The connection there is 17hrs no matter where in Europe you were planning. An instant cancel for many... But I thought of it as an unofficial Kuala Lumpur stopover. 

Worth it for the ability to get away from the airport. Booked a cheap hotel for few hours shower, nap, dinner, and then train back. And not an airport hotel stop. I walked around KL. Only failure, KL doesn't open up until 10am. I got into KL centre at 7am. Next time I'd search better for a "day rate" hotel. My hotel only allowed early check in at 12 noon.

No comments: