Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Why I now appreciate Possums

Now to some people possums are a nuisance when you live in the suburbs of Australia. They climb onto the roof, along power lines, scavenge the fruit trees and all other things possums do.

Well not that I hated possums for that, in fact I appreciated them for being native animals unlike the bird killing cats, now I have extra reason to appreciate what we have in Australia. It could be worse.

Take here for example. Here in Vancouver we have, Stinky, our backyard scavenging skunk. Yes skunk, Pepe Le Peu.

Stinky brings a whole new level of danger of arriving home in the dark. If you arrive and startle him, beware the wrath. I'm told by my flatmate that they've got some firing power on their stinker. You don't have to be drunk, and patting the nice kitty.

And if you are unlucky as to be a victim be prepared for a lonely month.

Hence for the next 3 days I'm on yellow alert. It's a wonder that the Canadian government doesn't spend millions on a 'Beware of Stinky' Backyard Terrorist Fridge Magnet.

No comments: